Pakistan Super League Teams (Franchises)
5 parties were selected by PCB to sell the Franchises of teams which include ARY Media Group, Omar Associates, Haier, as well as two foreign groups including Venture Capital of UAE and Qatar Lubricants Company (QALCO).
- The top rated Pakistan Media Group, ARY paid for Karachi for $26 million.
- Qatar Oil picked up Lahore for $25 million.
- Leonine Global Sports decided to buy Islamabad united for $15 million
- Leading electronics company of Pakistan, Haier acquired Peshawar for $16 million
- Omar Associates chosen Quetta for $11 million
Pakistan Super League Icons
- Shahid Afridi
- Shoaib Malik
- Shane Watson
- Chris Gayle
- Kevin Pieterson
Pakistan Super League Teams Names
Team Names are most traditional gives as
- Islamabad United
- Lahore Qalanders
- Peshawar Zalmi
- Karachi Kings
- Quetta Gladiators
On December 21, 2015 the first day of selecting players came to end. Peshawar Zalmi has the first pick and they selected none other BOOM BOOM SHAHID KHAN AFRIDI. Karachi has the Second choice as they selected Pakistani all-rounder Shoaib Malik.The third pick was for Islamabad United as they picked out Australian all-rounder Shane Watson then it’s time for Quetta Gladiators as they selected England former batsman Kevin Pietersen. Unexpectedly, no one selected the strongest Impact Player of this League CHRIS GAYLE as he in the end head over to Lahore Qalanders.
Pakistan Super League Teams Captains
4 Captains have been announced so far
- Shahid Afridi Captain of Peshawar Zalmi
- Shoaib Malik Captain of Karachi Kings
- Misbah ul haq Captain of Islamabad United
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Captain of Quetta Gladiators
The only team who still not has announced their captain is Lahore Qalanders